Me, being the second oldest of four girls, have always been around boy drama, the “talk”, and mood swings cause it’s that time of the month. It amazes me that our parents can handle all of us. I’ve always told myself I wanted boys, no girls for kids cause I don’t think I could deal with the drama. But, as my older sister has grown into a beautiful young woman, and seeing the effect my mom had on her makes me want to have a daughter I can teach and help. My mom, one of my biggest role models, has gave me life lessons without even knowing it. I hope to be as good as a mother as her one day, and I’m not just saying that cause she will be reading this! Here are 25 things I want to teach my own daughter, if i’m ever blessed enough to have one.
- You are loved-no matter what.
- Disney is the best.
- Cry over sad movies, not boys.
- Do what YOU want to do, not what he wants to do.
- Embrace your wanderlust.
- Know your worth.
- Read your bible.
- Pray! Pray! Pray!
- Pizza is always a good idea.
- People deserve second chances, but not a third or fourth.
- Some boys really just suck, there’s nothing you can do about it.
- Read a lot of poetry
- Do romantic-cliche things, they will make you surprisingly happy.
- TRAVEL AS MUCH AS YOU CAN
- Respect other people
- Remember the golden rule, and live by it.
- Always smell good
- If you meet someone who makes you laugh so hard your stomach hurts, keep them.
- Be eager.
- Always be positive
- Go outside!
- Jump on the hotel beds, and order room service
- Always be nice to people, you never know what they are going through.
- Fight like a girl, and if someone tells you that, say thanks for the compliment.
I’d like to think my mom did a pretty good job at teaching me those things. What do you want to teach your daughter?